PHARMAFORCE AT THE 24th Annual Conference & Dinner of the Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association
The 2017 IPHA Annual Conference was held in the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Golden Lane in Dublin on 15 November and was opened by Dr Michael Harty, T.D. Chair of the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Health. Once again, Pharmaforce supported the event which is an annual fixture to address current challenges and issues in the ever changing environment of the pharmaceutical industry.
In attendance were in excess of 170 delegates, with high levels of representation of senior management from Ireland’s largest and most influential pharmaceutical companies.
The focus of the day was “NEW MEDICINES FOR PATIENTs AS FAST AS IN EUROPE – NEED FOR SUSTAINED FUNDING.”
The speakers and topics were:
- Dr Mark MacGregor, Associate Medical Director/ Consultant Physician & Nephrologist, NHS Ayrshire & Arran and SMC Executive Member Patient focused access policy – the Scottish experience
- Dr Fionnuala Keane, Chief Operating Officer Health Research Board -Clinical Research Coordination Ireland Clinical Research Developments – Raising the game
- Ms Ava Battles, Chief Executive, MS Ireland The true value of a better access system to patients
- Dr Ansgar Hebborn, Head of Global Health Technology Assessment & Payment Policy, Roche How the rest of Western Europe delivers access to medicines faster than Ireland
- Dr Cornelis Boersma, Head of Global Franchises Communications & Government Affairs, Head of Market Access for Pharma Europe & Canada, GSK Real-world lessons from Europe: access models in practice. What are the conditions for success?
- Mr Pierre Moise, Associate Principal, Quintiles IMS Impact of HTA agencies on speed of access to new medicines across Europe
- Ms Leonie Clarke Update on Irish Medicines Verification Organisation (IMVO)
As always it was an extremely successful event and we look forward to attending again next year!